Onslow Memorial cares about you and your experience as a patient within our system.
We are committed to meeting our patients' expectations and providing the best care possible in a safe, comfortable environment through patient- and family-centered care.
After your visit, you may receive a survey through the mail, email, or text message. We use our patient experience survey results, provided by an independent pateint experience company named Press Ganey, to learn how we can improve your health care experience. Our patient experience scores show us what is important to you. Survey results and comments are reported and shared throughout the organization. We hope you take the time to share your experience.
We collect patient care experiences at Onslow Memorial in areas including:
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS)
- Outpatient and Ambulatory Surgery Consumer Assessment of Health Care Provider Systems (OAS CAHPS)
- Emergency Department Consumer Assessment of Health Care Provider Systems (ED CAHPS)
- Outpatient Services (Rehabilitation Services, Laboratory Services, Imaging, Cardiopulmonary Services, Wound Care, Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Health, Infusion Therapy)
If you have a concern about you or your loved one's care, start by talking with your care team. If they are not able to resolve your concern, please feel free to call our Patient Advocacy Manager at (910) 577-4949.
You also have the right to file complaints with:
- Department of Health and Human Services at 1-800-368-1019. Medicare beneficiaries may request a medical peer review regarding quality of care or disagreement with a coverage or discharge decision.
- North Carolina Division Medical Care Commission at 919-855-3750 or 1-800-624-3004.
- The Joint Commission at 1-800-994-6610 or at www.jointcommission.org. The Joint Commission conducts unannounced surveys to evaluate organization compliance with nationally established Joint Commission standards.