Onslow Memorial Hospital is working with UNC Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and State health officials to monitor the outbreak of the respiratory disease coronavirus/COVID-19. The situation is evolving rapidly, so the best resource for the latest information is the CDC website. Here we will provide updated information and our preparations, as well as tips for staying healthy.
To see if you're eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, please view the eligibility guidelines here: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines.
If you are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine and would like to receive one, please visit the Onslow County Health Department website for more information.: https://www.onslowcountync.gov/1809/COVID-19-Vaccine
As part of our mission to improve the health and well-being of North Carolinians, we plan to take every step to examine the safety and efficacy of each COVID-19 vaccine candidate. During this pandemic, now more than ever, it is critical that you have all the available information so you can feel confident in deciding how to protect yourself. For FAQs about the COVID-19 vaccine, please refer to this PDF.
UNC Health has developed a COVID-19 vaccine hub to provide up-to-date information concerning COVID-19 vaccines. To learn how a vaccine is developed and approved, how mRNA vaccines work, and when a vaccine may be available to you, visit the hub here.
Patients should contact their healthcare provider BEFORE VISITING a clinic, an urgent care location or a hospital emergency room if:
- They are experiencing flu-like symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath, —AND— They have traveled internationally within the last 14 days or domestically in the past 30 days
- If they have had direct contact with a person who is suspected to have, is under investigation, or was diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
If you are experiencing severe, acute respiratory symptoms, call 911 or seek immediate treatment.
Onslow Memorial Hospital Response
- View our phased recovery plan for Outpatient and Surgical Services and more information about our new operational norm in our Executive Summary, here.
- Learn how we're keeping our patients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, here.
- Here are a few ways you can help our community hospital.
- View our latest visitor restrictions, here.
What You Need to Know About Coronavirus
UNC Health provides a Health Talk, authored by David J. Weber, MD, MPH, medical director of infection prevention at UNC Hospitals. He explains the basics of the coronavirus, how it spreads, and what you can do to keep yourself and your family healthy.
- About Us
- About Our Hospital
- Onslow Education
- Map & Directions
- Awards & Recognition
- CEO's Corner
- Phone Directory
- Cancer Accreditation
- Annual Report
- Governance & Leadership
- Partnership for Patients
- Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Onslow Education - Students
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Organizational Values
- Commitment to Quality
- Patient & Visitor Information
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources
- Here's What We are Doing to Keep You Safe
- Patient Information
- Visitor Information
- Phone Directory
- Parking & Locations
- Find a Physician
- Find a Physician
- Patient Medical Records
- Health & Safety
- Patient Rights & Forms
- Gift Shop
- Patient Services
- Patient Quality of Care
- Patient Experience
- Estimate My Cost
- Patient Portal
- Billing Information
- Patient Assistance Program
- Flu Season 2020
- Healthcare Wishes
- OMH Cafeteria
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us