Visitor Restrictions 7-9-2021
OMH remains committed to patient and family-centered, safe care throughout our hospital and all of our outpatient healthcare facilities. As the COVID-19 situation has evolved, our policy has continued to evolve, as well.
Effective July 9, 2021, the following visitation restrictions will apply:
Inpatient Units: Non-COVID inpatients will be allowed two designated, screened companions per patient (18 and older) for the duration of his/her stay. Approved companions are not required to stay at the hospital, but are encouraged to limit the number of times they enter and exit during visiting hours. The patient's personal pastor will be considered an approved companion in addition to the two approved companions. Only two companions allowed at the bedside at a time. Additional exceptions will be granted for end of life situations at the discretion of the CNO or the nursing supervisor if after 5 p.m. Visiting hours will be from 8 am - 8 pm each day.
COVID inpatients will be allowed one designated visitor, as scheduled by the nursing unit.
Outpatient departments and clinics: Outpatient and clinic areas will allow one adult companion per patient, but we continue to encourage individuals who are able to come alone to do so in order to support physical distancing efforts. Pediatric outpatients will be allowed two parents/guardians per patient.
Emergency Department: Two designated, screened companions per patient for the duration of his/her Emergency Department visit will be allowed. Patients who are a PUI or COVID positive will be allowed one designated visitor, as scheduled by the nursing staff. Screened companions may be asked to sit in the main waiting area versus a sub waiting area to promote physical distancing. Visiting hours do not apply in the Emergency Department.
Labor Checks: Patients presenting to OMH for a labor check will be allowed one companion.
All approved companions must pass a health screening and will be subject to a health screening at any time. An appropriate mask will be provided to companions during the screening process if they don't already have one. Companions will be required to wear the mask at all times and will not be allowed to remain in the hospital or clinic without one regardless of the reason they provide for being unable to wear a mask.
Additional restrictions are as follows:
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit for the foreseeable future.
- The number of entrances to the hospital will be limited. Entrances include:
- Main lobby
- Emergency Department for emergency department patients
- Ambulatory Surgery Unit for ambulatory surgery patients
- Onslow Radiation Oncology
- No companion with fever, cough, cold or flu-like symptoms may enter an OMH facility.
- Companions should not visit our campus if they have come into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or who has been recently tested for COVID-19.
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times and will not be allowed to remain in the hospital or clinic without one.
These restrictions have been put in place to protect everyone's safety. Universal precautions have been implemented to lower the risk of transmission.
We also encourage the use of electronic communication for “virtual visitation”, such as FaceTime, Google Duo and Skype, in place of in-person visitation wherever possible. OMH will provide devices to our patients who don’t have the means to support a virtual visit.
These visitor restrictions may be revised as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
- About Us
- About Our Hospital
- Onslow Education
- Map & Directions
- Awards & Recognition
- CEO's Corner
- Phone Directory
- Cancer Accreditation
- Annual Report
- Governance & Leadership
- Partnership for Patients
- Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Onslow Education - Students
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Organizational Values
- Commitment to Quality
- Patient & Visitor Information
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources
- Here's What We are Doing to Keep You Safe
- Patient Information
- Visitor Information
- Phone Directory
- Parking & Locations
- Find a Physician
- Find a Physician
- Patient Medical Records
- Health & Safety
- Patient Rights & Forms
- Gift Shop
- Patient Services
- Patient Quality of Care
- Patient Experience
- Estimate My Cost
- Patient Portal
- Billing Information
- Patient Assistance Program
- Flu Season 2020
- Healthcare Wishes
- OMH Cafeteria
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us