Onslow Memorial Hospital would like your visit to be a comfortable one. The information provided below is to help you prepare for your stay.
Suggested preparation steps
- Review your health insurance and disability insurance policies (see "Insurance" tab for more information).
- Appoint a primary contact for the hospital to communicate with on your behalf.
- Let necessary family or close friends know about your upcoming procedure.
- Arrange child and pet care in case of a longer than expected stay.
- Pay any bills that may come due during your stay.
- Let your immediate supervisor or your employer’s human resources department know that you will be undergoing a health-related procedure (you do not have to share any details other than expected time off needed, gently reminding them that your health care is confidential information)
- Arrange for a friend to drop you off and drive you home as certain procedures will require transportation help.
- It may be a good idea to also ask a friend to stay with you the afternoon or evening after your procedure. Make sure this person understands what your procedure was, has your doctor’s phone number and is aware of your medication and nutrition needs.
- Arrange child and pet care appropriate for your expected stay.
- Familiarize yourself with the Onslow Memorial Hospital campus using this map.
- Pediatric Outpatient Agreement Form
- Pediatric Outpatient Medical History Form 1
- Pediatric Outpatient Medical History Form 2
- Adult Outpatient Services Consent for Treatment Form
- Adult Outpatient Medical History Form
Mandatory items to bring with you
- Current insurance card
- Valid picture ID
- Anything your doctor may have asked you to bring
- A list of all current medications (prescribed and not), supplements, vitamins, eye drops, herbs, inhalers, etc.
Optional items to bring
- Advance directive (living will or healthcare power of attorney) if you have one
- List of important contacts including family members, doctor, employer and an Appointed Healthcare Advocate if you have one
- Eyeglasses or contacts (with case and solution), dentures, hearing aids and comfortable, grippy-soled shoes or slippers
- Change of clothing (loose and comfortable)
- A small amount of pocket money
- Reading material, word puzzles, mp3 players (with headphones)
- Your own pillow, if you prefer
- Earplugs and sleeping mask
Do not bring
- Large amounts of cash
- Multiple credit cards
- Cigarettes or other tobacco products
- About Us
- About Our Hospital
- Onslow Education
- Map & Directions
- Awards & Recognition
- CEO's Corner
- Phone Directory
- Cancer Accreditation
- Annual Report
- Governance & Leadership
- Partnership for Patients
- Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Onslow Education - Students
- Onslow Education - Faculty
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Organizational Values
- Commitment to Quality
- Media Inquiries
- Our Hospital. Our Stories.
- Patient & Visitor Information
- Patient Information
- Visitor Information
- Phone Directory
- Parking & Locations
- Find a Physician
- Patient Medical Records
- Health & Safety
- Patient Rights & Forms
- Gift Shop
- Patient Services
- Patient Quality of Care
- Patient Experience
- Patient Portal
- Billing Information
- Patient Assistance Program
- Healthcare Wishes
- OMH Cafeteria
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us