Onslow Memorial Hospital takes part in public reporting on how patients view their care using a survey called the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). This provides an objective report of how patients feel about the care they receive at a particular hospital during a particular stay. You can see a complete list of questions here. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) reports all hospitals’ results on its Hospital Compare website.
To improve the patient experience, health care providers must first be able to see and understand the complex relationships between satisfaction, clinical, safety and financial measures. Press Ganey’s unique suite of solutions gives every patient the opportunity to be heard, integrating their voices with these distinct data streams and seamlessly weaving together millions of patient touch points. For more information about Press Ganey, click here.
Using this information, consumers can see accurate comparisons of hospitals on issues that are important to them. For your convenience, we report our hospitals’ results on our website.
How is the survey conducted?
Patients are randomly selected to take part in the survey. They are contacted by mail approximately two weeks after they have been discharged from the hospital. Patients who are surveyed must be at least 18 years old and must have spent at least one night in the hospital. Patients who have been hospitalized primarily for mental illness are not called.
Patients are randomly selected to take part in a survey by mail called the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) . We survey patients to help us understand how they perceive their hospital experience and so we can improve our services. The surveyor asks questions to find out how the patient perceived the care he or she received during a particular hospital visit.
Patients who participated in the survey answered the following questions:
- How do patients rate the hospital?
- Would patients recommend the hospital to friends and family?
- How often were patients' rooms and bathrooms kept clean?
- How often was the area around patients' rooms kept quiet at night?
- How often did nurses communicate well with patients?
- How often did doctors communicate well with patients?
- How often did staff explain about medicines before giving them to patients?
- How often was patients' pain well controlled?
- How often did patients receive help quickly from hospital staff?
- Were patients given information about what to do during their recovery?
- About Us
- About Our Hospital
- Onslow Education
- Map & Directions
- Awards & Recognition
- CEO's Corner
- Phone Directory
- Cancer Accreditation
- Annual Report
- Governance & Leadership
- Partnership for Patients
- Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Onslow Education - Students
- Onslow Education - Faculty
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Organizational Values
- Commitment to Quality
- Patient and Visitor Information
- Patient Information
- Visitor Information
- Phone Directory
- Care Clock
- Parking & Locations
- Find a Physician
- Patient Medical Records
- Health & Safety
- Patient Rights & Forms
- Gift Shop
- Patient Services
- Patient Quality of Care
- Patient Experience
- Patient Portal
- Billing Information
- Patient Assistance Program
- OMH Cafeteria
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us