Updated Visitor Restrictions 4-17-2020
NEW: Visitor Policy Updated: No Visitors/Companions allowed in outpatient areas (with limited exceptions) starting April 21st
Starting Thursday, April 21st, the visitor policy will be updated and no visitors/companions will be allowed in our outpatient clinics and procedural areas, to include the Emergency Department. In rare cases, a companion may be allowed for patients where a family member or companion is essential to patient care. These decisions will be made by the care team.
COVID-19 Update: No visitors permitted (with limited exceptions) starting Monday, March 23, at 9 a.m. at Onslow Memorial Hospital
Onslow Memorial Hospital is committed to patient-centered, safe care throughout our hospital. To limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure patient and co-worker safety, no visitors will be permitted starting Monday, March 23rd at 9 a.m. until further notice. OMH has outlined some exceptions to allow limited support persons who are free of cold or flu-like symptoms to accompany patients. Those exceptions include the following:
- Patients under the age of 18 may have one designated parent/guardian/advocate.
- Patients on any unit in Maternal Child Services may have one designated support person throughout the duration of their stay. The support person will need to stay at the hospital.
- Inpatients receiving discharge instructions may have one designated support person.
- Inpatients within 24 hours following a surgery or invasive procedure may have one designated support person.
The number of visitors for end-of-life situations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, a caregiver may be allowed for patients where a family member or significant other is essential to patient care. These decisions will be made by the CNO or the nursing supervisor if after 5 p.m.
All visitors will be screened for cold or flu-like symptoms.
These new restrictions are in addition to the initial visitor restrictions put in place earlier in March:
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed to visit for the foreseeable future.
- Visitors who are over 65, pregnant or immunocompromised are discouraged from visiting.
- No students, contractors or volunteers.
Patients under COVID-19 investigation may not have any visitors, unless compassionate care is approved.
We encourage family and friends to stay connected with patients via technology. We have created a “Things to Do While Hospitalized” information sheet for our patients. This can be accessed through our Patient Advocacy Department or Intranet and are available in admission packets.
- About Us
- About Our Hospital
- Onslow Education
- Map & Directions
- Awards & Recognition
- CEO's Corner
- Phone Directory
- Cancer Accreditation
- Annual Report
- Governance & Leadership
- Partnership for Patients
- Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Onslow Education - Students
- Onslow Education - Faculty
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Organizational Values
- Commitment to Quality
- Our Hospital. Our Stories.
- Patient & Visitor Information
- Coronavirus / COVID-19 Resources
- Patient Information
- Visitor Information
- Phone Directory
- Parking & Locations
- Find a Physician
- Patient Medical Records
- Health & Safety
- Patient Rights & Forms
- Gift Shop
- Patient Services
- Patient Quality of Care
- Patient Experience
- Patient Portal
- Billing Information
- Patient Assistance Program
- Healthcare Wishes
- OMH Cafeteria
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us