- About Us
- COVID-19 Update: No visitors permitted (with limited exceptions) starting Monday, March 23, at 9 a.m. at Onslow Memorial Hospital
COVID-19 Update: No visitors permitted (with limited exceptions) starting Monday, March 23, at 9 a.m. at Onslow Memorial Hospital
Onslow Memorial Hospital is committed to patient-centered, safe care throughout our hospital. To limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure patient and co-worker safety, no visitors will be permitted starting Monday, March 23rd at 9 a.m. until further notice. OMH has outlined some exceptions to allow limited support persons who are free of cold or flu-like symptoms to accompany patients. Those exceptions include the following:
- Patients under the age of 18 may have one designated parent/guardian/advocate
- Women on our Labor and Delivery and Postpartum units may have one designated support person
- Emergency Department patients may have one designated support person with unit approval
- Outpatients may have one designated support person
- Inpatients receiving discharge instructions may have one designated support person
- Patients within 24 hours following a surgery or invasive procedure may have one designated support person
The number of visitors for end-of-life situations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In some cases, a caregiver may be allowed for patients where a family member or significant other is essential to patient care. These decisions will be made by the care team. All visitors will be screened for cold or flu-like symptoms.
These new restrictions are in addition to the initial visitor restrictions put in place earlier in March:
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed to visit for the foreseeable future.
- Visitors who are over 65, pregnant or immunocompromised are discouraged from visiting.
- No students, contractors or volunteers.
Patients under COVID-19 investigation may not have any visitors, unless compassionate care is approved.
We encourage family and friends to stay connected with patients via technology.
- About Us
- About Our Hospital
- Onslow Education
- Map & Directions
- Awards & Recognition
- CEO's Corner
- Phone Directory
- Cancer Accreditation
- Annual Report
- Governance & Leadership
- Partnership for Patients
- Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Onslow Education - Students
- Onslow Education - Faculty
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Organizational Values
- Commitment to Quality
- Our Hospital. Our Stories.
- Patient & Visitor Information
- Coronavirus / COVID-19 Resources
- Patient Information
- Visitor Information
- Phone Directory
- Parking & Locations
- Find a Physician
- Patient Medical Records
- Health & Safety
- Patient Rights & Forms
- Gift Shop
- Patient Services
- Patient Quality of Care
- Patient Experience
- Patient Portal
- Billing Information
- Patient Assistance Program
- Healthcare Wishes
- OMH Cafeteria
- Community Involvement
- Contact Us